A healthy, youthful skin results from good skincare and making healthy lifestyle choices. How you take care of your skin, and the nutrients you put in your body have an effect to your skin’s natural aging process.
Basic skincare is essential, whether you are blessed with good skin or not. There are different skin types – normal, combination, dry, oily, sensitive – and each may require special care to keep the skin healthy. But, generally, these tips may help you achieve your healthy skin goals:
- Have a skincare routine. Wash your face gently everyday, in the morning and before going to bed. Use a moisturizer, especially if you have dry skin.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Avoid direct sunlight by using an umbrella, hat or shades when going out. Also, apply sunscreen on your skin to help block UVA and UVB rays.
- 3.Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated prevents skin from going dry, tight and flaky. Dry skin is prone to wrinkling, thus it is advised to drink water as much, and as often as you can.
- Refrain from smoking. Because it causes wrinkles to appear on your face, which make you look older.
- Eat healthy. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet. Limit unhealthy fats, and processed or refined carbohydrates.
- Manage stress and get enough rest. Too much stress can make the skin more sensitive and prone to acne breakouts. Take the necessry vitamins and nutrients for healthy skin. Vitamins A, C and E are antioxidants that may help prevent sun damage, and lower your chance of skin cancer.