Find something beautiful in yourself
Beauty doesn’t have a one size fits all definition. Acknowledging this is important for us to love ourselves more. Self-love is not only about feeling good about oneself. It is appreciating oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth.1
We tend to love beautiful things, but more often than not, we forget to look for beauty inside ourselves. Finding beauty inside of us will make it easier for us to love ourselves more.
Beauty in being kind
- You are beautiful when you show kindness and compassion to others. People go through different kinds of things every day and it doesn’t really take much effort to be kind. Simply being polite to elders, or assisting a person when he has a hard time reaching for something will come a long way.
Kindness shows that you have a good heart - that despite all the challenges thrown your way, you know that it is up to you
Beauty in being yourself
- There’s nothing more beautiful than a girl who is unapologetically herself. You do what you want. Make decisions that will make your life better, and do not care what others think of you. This also involves knowing what you want and acting on it.
Beauty in putting yourself first
- You are beautiful when you take care of yourself. This means eating healthy food, exercising regularly and minding your body. This may also mean taking the right vitamins like vitamin E which helps your skin glow. A person who knows how to respect and treat her body well is beautiful and it shows.
Beauty in knowing your boundaries
- There is beauty in setting boundaries - be it in work or relationships. Women who know their limits, and actually set boundaries for them for self-preservation exudes confidence and a different kind of unparalleled beauty.
Beauty in hustling for your dreams
- For most, getting a better life is not easy. It involves hustling every day. Going through the worsening Metro Manila traffic to go to the office, following a boss’ unreasonable demands, or answering irate client calls in the middle of the night - more often than not, the path to reaching for your dreams is not all rainbows and butterflies. It means doing the dirty work and rising through the ranks.
As cliche as it may sound, beauty comes from within. Aside from those mentioned above, when you have a well-nourished body, it shows. Make sure to get the right amount of vitamin E your body needs with a supplement like Pharex E, a soft gel capsule where you can get benefits for the skin for an affordable price. This can protect your skin from damage and premature aging.
- “Seven Step Prescription to Self-love” [Retrieved from: https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/get-hardy/201203/seven-step-prescription-self-love. Last accessed on August 6, 2019]